The 27th World Congress of International Traffic Medicine Association（ITMA）and the 8th International Symposium on Transportation Safety (ISTS) is co-organized by International Traffic Medicine Association (ITMA) and Tongji University, sponsored by Daping Hospital, Army Medical University, and supported by Chinese Medical Association, Wang Zhengguo Foundation for Traumatic Medicine, Chinese Journal of Traumatology, Shanghai Institute of Traffic Engineering. This congress will be held in Shanghai, China, on October 17-18, 2020. Hundreds of well-known experts and scholars will be invited from China, the United States, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Sweden, Canada, Spain and other countries and regions to share advanced knowledge and stimulate interactive discussions about the latest research progress in international traffic medicine and traffic safety.
The congress include the development and trends of traffic medicine, pre-hospital and in-hospital traffic injury treatment, traffic injury mechanism, traffic injury of younger and elderly age groups, relationships between traffic safety and alcohol/drugs addictive, investigation and analysis of traffic crashes, analysis and intervention of traffic behavior, human factors and road safety design, new technology in traffic safety (e.g., autonomous vehicles, big data), towards zero death, international practice for safety improvements, etc. The organizing committee of the symposium welcomes scholars from home and abroad who are engaged in transportation medicine and traffic safety to participate.
Please submit presentations conveying new developments in traffic medicine and safety. The technical areas include but are not limited to the following:
s Development trend of traffic medicine
s Pre-hospital and in-hospital treatment of traffic injuries
s Epidemiological study on traffic injury
s Mechanism of traffic injuries
s Traffic injuries among special population (adolescents/elderly)
s Drinking, drugs addictive and traffic safety
s Public health and traffic safety
s Traffic safety policies and regulations (e.g., Towards Zero Deaths)
s Traffic crash prevention
s Deep investigation and analysis of traffic crashes
s Traffic psychology and safety
s Analysis and intervention of traffic behavior
s Road design and human factor engineering
s New technology in traffic safety (e.g., autonomous vehicle, big data)
s International practice for safety improvements
Dr. Jack Szymanski President of International Traffic Medicine Association (ITMA)
Dr. Shou-En Fang Professor, Chairman of Tongji University Council
Prof. Zheng-Guo Wang Academician, Daping Hospital, Army Medical University
Immediate Past President, ITMA
Dr. Evans Leonard President, Science Serving Society
President Emeritus, ITMA
Dr. Ji-Hong Zhou Professor, Daping Hospital, Army Medical University
President Elect of ITMA
Dr. Xuesong Wang Professor, Tongji University
1. All papers are required in English. Please provide an English abstract with no more than 1000 words, indicating title, author affiliation, name and contact information. The template is attached. Abstract should include aim, methodology, result and conclusion;
2. Upon acceptance of abstract and conference presentation, selected presentations will be recommended to submit to journals including “Accident Analysis and Prevention”, “China Journal of Highway and Transport” and “Chinese Journal of Traumatology” for publication.
3. The papers are not published in journals at home and abroad. No returning is available.
4. Abstract submission deadline: March 31, 2020
Abstract admission notice: April 15, 2020
Symposium date: October 17-18, 2020
5. Papers can be electronically submitted to e-mail: ISTS@tongji.edu.cn. In order to improve the efficiency of collecting papers, please make sure that the theme of the email is "Contribution to the 27th World Congress of International Traffic Medicine Association（ITMA）" and the paper is entitled as "name of the first author-title of the paper".
Chen CHAI, Associate Professor, Tongji University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wenjun ZHAO, Army Medical Center of PLA, email@example.com